Blazing (choking on the smoke) a Trail to My Blog

Between 2003 and 2006 I created this blogspot. I just never got around to setting it up. I remember being thrilled with the name for my blog. My family and I had just returned from a vacation which had included visiting the Ingalls homesites at Burr Oak, Iowa, Walnut Grove, Minnesota, and DeSmet, South Dakota. I have been a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan since second grade and I had recently purchased my own "little house," so the name Little House on the Internet seemed appropriate. If Laura Ingalls Wilder were alive today, I know she would have had a blog, so at the end of 2009 I begin my pioneer attempt at blogging!


Monday, January 18, 2010

Salute To Another Pioneer . . . Martin Luther King

I cannot let this day pass without recognizing this man's effort to bring us closer to the promise of America.  This speech, Martin Luther King's I Have A Dream, always brings me to tears.   The link will open a window to YouTube.com where you can watch the full version of the speech. Thank you, Mr. King, for your bravery and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...