Blazing (choking on the smoke) a Trail to My Blog

Between 2003 and 2006 I created this blogspot. I just never got around to setting it up. I remember being thrilled with the name for my blog. My family and I had just returned from a vacation which had included visiting the Ingalls homesites at Burr Oak, Iowa, Walnut Grove, Minnesota, and DeSmet, South Dakota. I have been a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan since second grade and I had recently purchased my own "little house," so the name Little House on the Internet seemed appropriate. If Laura Ingalls Wilder were alive today, I know she would have had a blog, so at the end of 2009 I begin my pioneer attempt at blogging!


Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Start of a New Trail


Tomorrow, I head for the Sisters Lake Region in Michigan to help my friends, Verne and Nanci, clean and paint Lake View Lodge on Dewey Lake.  They already have 10 inches of snow on the ground and are getting more today!  The lodge has two fire places, so I'm sure it will be toasty! I'm bringing cocoa, warm clothes, and I just bought new tires this afternoon, so I think all my needs are covered.  I will be neglecting my blogging responsibilities over the weekend, so this is my last post until Monday.   :(

Earlier this year, Nanci and I started a new business called Craft Haven Retreats.  We will be hosting "all-inclusive" crafting retreats for women at Lake View Lodge.  We hope to start these weekend retreats in January of 2010.  Our website and blog are both works in progress, please follow the links to receive e-mails, updates, and postings as we head east on our new adventure! We hope you will follow our blogs, website, and eventually join us for a crafting retreat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...